Monday, August 3, 2015

Random Posts: July 26, 2015 - I'm a Producer!





I cannot believe it, I actually produced a very successful concert at 54 Below called Uncharted: The Songs of Sara Bareillis. The amount of time and work spent on producing this was even more than I could have imagined. It had its ups and downs but I got things done and could not be more proud of how it turned out.

Sound check was earlier in the day and Billy and Adam my 54 below sound/lighting guys were so awesome and helpful. They told me i was so well organized and that they wished I could be at every sound check because i was really good at keeping things moving along and that made me smile so much! The band and talent were doing their thang and mad me really excited... I was actually not too stressed until later that night when I arrived at the dressing room and it was about 90 minutes before show time. I was so stressed and anxiety ridden. I was visibly shaking like cray and with barely a one second look at me people could tell i was stressing out. Andrey kept trying to get me to sit down and relax which only happened like once. Everyone showed up on time and we ended up almost selling out the place (we might have actually sold out who knows).

Then it happened, it was show time... I can't properly express the feelings and excitement i felt as the show began and I could see people enjoying themselves. As each song passed by I felt more relaxed, and then I took to the stage with Andrey to do some brief thank yous and was shocked to hear my voice bounce back in the monitors... it was pretty funny actually. The show was right on time, people didn't miss their songs. The audience was cheering and it was just magical. I think my favorite moment of the night was when one of our backup singers, Candice, stepped into sing a song last minute because our scheduled performer fell ill that morning... she freaking nailed it. She is amazing but in the community not a known person so to see the audience lose their minds over her talent was everything because they were that into it! It was also fun to see the servers enjoying themselves and dancing and singing along at times in the back. Did i mention how incredibly awesome the band was? They were such nice and fun guys and have so much talent, it was incredible, the sound was fantastic and each performer nailed it.

After the show was over it was weird to be the person that everyone was coming up to to congratulate and speak with me, and even Billy and Adam said they got chills a few times, and considering how many of these shows they see that was a great compliment. I mean it was crazy, and it took so long to get over to Characters after because of it.... i felt on top of the world and had a glass of prosecco to celebrate.

Then it was nice to chat with Shoshana and a couple others over there after and just let go of all the stress i had built up, a perfect evening truly!

Actually found out we were 2 seats from a sell out! craziness!

No comments: