Friday, November 7, 2008

Day 76/365 (November 2, 2008)

Went to the NYMF awards gala to see the original NYMF cast, and current cast of Altar Boyz perform. I also was able to see Josh Strickland sing a song from the NYMF show he did, a few other of those shows perform, and Raul Esparza sing Why from tick, tick… BOOM. That was really an incredible thing to watch, and I wish I could have preserved it on film. It was really fun to see both casts of Boyz perform. The current cast was fun because they were only accompanied by a piano (woot Gary Adler) and they sang We Are The Altar Boyz which is a song that has so many things going on… stripped down was different and they did a great job! Of the few pictures I was able to take this was one of my favorites because of its overall composition, and it wasn’t too blurry! The original NYMF cast sang I Believe and I am so happy I was able to see that, and the fact that they still put so much passion and energy into it really just warmed my heart! (see above)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't help you with the Altar Boyz, but here's Raúl singing "Why" from the NYMF gala: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNDJdMj3q9A