Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 12/365 (August 30, 2008)


The nigth before (although time wise technically this day) The Spring Standards made their national television debut on Conan O'Brien... what made that even better was knowing they were playing Rockwood that night at 10 pm. I wasnt able to watch them on TV, but i did almost as soon as NBC.com had posted it on their site. To watch that and then go see them at Rockwood, which is one of my favorite venues was just an incredibloe time.
A S.S. Funship show is something you shouldn't miss and everytime it is unique. At one point during their gig James Smith reached down and grabbed my camera off the table and took a shot of the room. The whole room obviously could not fit in the shot but still this is one of my favorites. Its a small palce but everyone in their is just filled with love and excitment and well know i have this photo as a reminder of that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so much fun! I love it.

Anonymous said...

I love that place, and I love those people. Okay, not all of the people in the picture, because I don't know some of them. But I love everyone I know in that picture. I also love the boy holding the camera, and his two bffs (with an e).

Emily said it best last night...the reason we keep going back is because a Spring Standards show is pure joy. This picture shows that. Great memory!! Thanks so much!