Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 22/365 (September 9, 2008)

Tuesday I was surprised with the news that my friends had gotten me a standby ticket for Hair in central park. I had seen it a few other times between this year and last year, but I hadn’t gotten a chance to see it with Christopher J. Hanke as Claude. I ended up with best seat in the Delacourt I had ever had and even though Act 1 got paused briefly because of the rain it was still amazing. The cast of this show is so incredibly talented and I am excited they are moving to Broadway but I think some of the magic of the piece will be lost in doors. It will be difficult for everyone to dance on stage at the end, and one of my favorite parts is the end of Act 1 when they have all run off stage, and are singing and you can hear their voices echoing up from underneath you. I managed to get a Be In flyer and a flower right before the tribe was called in because of the rain and I stuck the flower in my head. It started off tucked in my ear but that didn’t work so I stuck it in my ponytail, and I ended up being told more than once (separately) that I looked like Cindy-Lou-Who :D

No comments: