Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 8/365 (July 25, 2014)





My cousin Samantha is having a baby shower on Sunday so I had to come to Massachusetts for it. Thankfully Sasha let me use her car and I was able to head out on a super fun roadtrip by myself this morning. Traffic wasn't bad at all once I got out of Manhattan and I basically spent the whole trip singing at the top of my lungs. My throat is sore now but worth it!

I came early because I stored a whole bunch of my stuff in cousin's attic ages ago and they need to have some work done up there so she needed me to go through my things and take some stuff, toss some stuff, and make sure everything left would be protected when they get chemicals sprayed up there. It was like taking a trip down memory lane. Some of the stuff was great to see again like a baby book (look that's me) and some of the many games I owned. Sadly i had to toss quite a few games because of their condition. I am also concerned because I thought things lie my college diploma and both high school and college senior yearbooks were here, but they weren't and that means I have no idea where they are which makes me sad. I loved Carmen Sandiego stuff so much! Then there is that slide kit which i was so into! When we had to move from the hosue I grew up in so much of my stuff got scattered to different places and some of it was not protected carefully. The result of this is most of my childhood stuff is gone and it feels like I lost everything in a fire, so it was nice to find a few of these things have still survived.

My cousin Maureen has two children Ryan and Katie. Ryan is away at camp so Katie got to have a movie night with some of her friends. There was pizza, popcorn, and candy a plenty! We watched The Princess Diaries. It was nice to have the chance to catch up with them since I don't get to see them too often.

No comments: