Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 182/365 (February 16, 2009)


So i got up relatively early, (especially since i had gotten no sleep really) and brought my mom to Port Authority so she could catch her bus back to MA. I then headed to the Staten Island Ferry to meet Michelle and Nicole. The main soundtrack of my travels was the Zanna Don't cast recording. When i got to the ferry i ran into Abraham Lincoln, and that amused me more than you could know! (though he was much shorter than i would have thought!) When i got to the ferry i saw my old apartment building and got a little nostalgic, but the big thing that made me happy/sad was seeing the Statue of Liberty. She is one of my favorite things about New York and i miss seeing her every day when i would leave or enter my apartment building. She represents alot for me. After i first moved into that apartment i was so excited to finally be living in Manhattan but after a quick amount of time i began to take it for granted and got a little jaded. Then when the new year came (2008) i had tol myself i needed to remember what was so special about living in NY and the statue of liberty became that reminder since looking at her would make me remember how far i had come in ife. Living in Harlem i obviously dont get a chance to see her everyday anymore and i take such joy when ever i do get to see her :D

Michelle and Nicole picked me up and we went on an arts and crafts store trip. It was nice to be in a Michael's and an AC Moore, and i was ale to buy the needed cake decorating supplies for a super cool cake i hope to make, and stuff to transport it in. I also bought a 3-tiered cooling rack since i make so many cookies. We just perused the aisles and had fun. Then we went to the Staten Island Mall so Nicole could check out Payless, and i went to the pet store and looked at the cute puppies and such what. Then we got some yummy chicken terryaki, and had fun people watching all the lovely way people looked with poofy hair and ugg boots and animal prints and mini skirts and tacky leggings and velour suits... good times! After a quick stop at Barnes and Noble they dropped me off at the ferry and i made it home in record time. (however i was frightened that i fell asleep on the ferry for at least 18 minutes of the trip.

I then spent the rest of the night watching TV, and was lucky enough that my roomie made me dinner, pancakes and pasta!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, Abe Lincoln for the win.