Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 362/365 (July 14, 2015)











Started the day off at work, then I went home to relax for a bit before heading out to babysit Harper. I ended up being lay and taking the subway to Chelsea Market, only I am a moron and wasn't paying attention so I missed the stop and got off at W 4th instead. Since I had a whole bunch of time I figured this was a sign saying you should be walking so I decided to do that instead of going back uptown one stop. This turned out well, as I was getting close to the Duplex I heard my name being called out so I looked up and found Hope with her two little charges. They were adorable and shy. We chatted for a a minute or two before continuing on our journeys. Always nice to have run ins like that, NYC is vast but so small at the same time.

Got to Chelsea Market early so I poked into a couple of places but resisted temptation. Then I met up with Harper, her dad, and two of his friends. They finished their dinner and then I took her back to NJ.

When we got to Grove street there was this nice area protected from cars and a guy playing violin and children running around playing .She ended up running into some of her friends so she ran around with them and danced her heart out to the music. He broke a string at one point and was so sad the music stopped. Luckily after a quick trip to the pet store where she played with a kitty waiting to be adopted he fixed his violin and began playing again. When i tried to dance just like her she laughed a little and said "I think i am a bit better at this" rough man!

Then we went back to her apartment to do a quick change and headed to the park to play her favorite sport, baseball. Only there were not other kids around so she said it was lonely and wanted to paly on the playground. We did that for a bit but once again she was sad there were no other kids to play with.so we went back. Then we listened to some music and she got ready for bed. SHe took a while to settle down and fall asleep but she was snuggling with me which was cute. She also had this killer tutu costume I wish i had when I was little. Harper also has the coolest bed, no clue why she doesn't like to sleep in it!

Then I watched Ghost Whisperer until her dad came home. I missed the Path train by a few seconds and had to wait an hour for the next one to come, sleep felt very good when I got home!

No comments: