Friday, August 1, 2014

Day 14/365 (July 31, 2014)




I wanted to rush Pippin today but when I woke up at the original planned time I decided I was too tired and was going to skip it, however after another 45 minutes of sleep I figured I might as well head over, and so glad I did! When I got there I met these two lovely girls and a woman that were so fun to chat with. While waiting for the box office to open they brought and installed that new poster above.

Then I went to work. I had planned on going to the softball games in central park but sadly couldn't make it because a whole bunch of stuff popped up, so when I finally left at 4 I couldn't wait to get home and just veg out for a bit. I ended up napping on the couch which was much needed for my soul.

Later in the night I found out that Ariana DeBose was going on as Leading Player in Pippin. I had been so crushed to miss her debut as LP on Saturday so this was pretty much the best news ever! Seeing her as LP was amazing. It was the first time I saw the show and actually liked the LP part. She made the part her own and sounded fabulous... can we have her take over already? I was also glad to see Orion back. The other guy did a decent job but he was just so massive... a giant and his sheer size made him draw focus from everyone else. I also am not a big fan of Priscilla Lopez as Berthe. She was a scary grandma... I miss the lovable Annie Potts. It was nice checking in with the gals from the morning who seemed to enjoy the show very much and there was this adorable 6 year old I met after that made my heart burst she was so cute. She told me that every day she has to wear something pink or that says Princess, and she was wearing a pink zipped hoodie that had a crown built in... if she changed it to purple she would have been me!

Sasha has been making these wonderful flowers out of Playbills and made a Pippin/Wicked bouquet for me to give to Kyle Dean. I made a Pippin themed vase for the flowers to go in and gave them to him last night.

Then I came home and chatted with Lindz for a little while before going to bed since it was her last night staying with us... gonna miss her!

No comments: