Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 29/365 (August 15, 2014)





The day started way early as I made my way to rush Rocky at 6:15 am. I am taking Clare to see it... i slept for a while on the sidewalk so all was well! I am sad it is closing Sunday but glad i will get to see it one last time!

Then it was off to work for a bit and I went to the gym for an hour.... self imposed workouts can be done!

I then went home and freshened up before heading out to meet Clare who was taking the train into the city by herself for the first time. We walked back to my apartment through times square and then headed out again.  She wanted to try Burrito Box so we ordered food there then headed to the courtyard where we ate and chatted until we made a mad dash to Bouchon bakery because she wanted macarons (pina colada and pistachio flavored). Then we headed off to see Rocky.

I realized as I was watching Rocky that seeing it 5 times was not enough, I am sad I didn't see it a few more times before it closed. The show was of course wonderful (even though there was a technical difficulty and the show stopped for like ten minutes during the "i'm digging it" song as i call it. I give those people major credit. They kept going with the song even though the set wasn't working and the curtain was slowly coming down. They didn't stop until the voice of god made the announcement even though the curtain was only open like a foot at that point... then after about 10 minutes it resumed without the office set but they picked up right where they left off like nothing had even happened. The pause was great though because it gave me a chance to check in with Clare and see if she was loving it and understanding it. I am so pleased she loved the show! During curtain call I had a personal great moment, because we were sitting front row side orchestra so super close to the ring and Kevin Del Aguila saw me and pointed and smiled/waved because he remembered me from the night before. That made my Altarholic heart happy!

Then Clare and I headed back home since her dad was picking us up because I was watching them for the weekend.

No comments: