Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 33/365 (August 19, 2014)







The morning started with a wake up call by Lola. We did some arts and crafts, then she helped me make pink pancakes, and she got to decorate her special cupcake. She then went in my room and started singing Bring It On so I turned the song on and she was dancing to it with pom-poms. Sadly I had to leave for work and she said she would miss me, but thankfully I am watching her on Saturday!

Work was usual, except one of our people is leaving us after several years, so Ted wanted us to all go out for a goodbye dinner, which is why I made that chocolate and peanut butter cake, with the Reese's!

Dinner was lovely except the stupid waiter who brought out the cake i made cut for us. before he set down the first slice he said "you know what the problem with homemade cakes is right? they dont look as pretty as our when cut" then he plopped down and unidentifiable piece of cake. They had trouble cutting it he says... dude it was a super soft chocolate and peanut butter cake i have made and cut before... fail!

I went home after dinner for like 2 minutes and went back out. it was a night of running into people (or creeping from afar). I saw two different people pass by me that resulted in my sending a text that said "I see you" and then i ended up at Pippin because there were a bunch of understudies on. Ari was on as Leading Player and I wish she could just take over the role full time, then Erik was on as Pippin, Colin as Lewis, and a bunch of ensemble people. I really just like Colin in every role I have seen him in, and Erik did a decent job. I thought his best moment was the final a cappella song he sings and then extraordinary even though he didn't do the back flip. I was glad to see John Rubenstein one last time before he leaves since this is his last week. The wonderful thing was I ran into Zach while getting a standing room ticket so we stood next to each other during the show and he kept me company while I actually stage doored the show. Then i also ran into Shoshana and Ben... after Zach and I left Pippin he walked me home and we stayed outside my apartment until like 12:30 chatting and had no idea how late it had gotten, and even ran into Shoshana and Ben again as they passed by my apartment. It was nice chatting it has been a while, though i was holding my playbill and one of the signatures transferred to my palm... it is going to be there for a while, ink just doesn't wash off.

The other fun thing about the show tonight was the fact that John had an issue when he was throwing his knife and it fell into the audience after making a loud noise. He went over and was like hand me back my dagger, and the person did and the whole audience was laughing, then he looks out into the audience with al serious and says SILENCE! i mean every one kept laughing but it was one of those moments that were just funny and I was glad to be there. (like when Annie Potts bounced too high before her song and missed her song entrance and was like "Charlie let's do that again i was bouncing too high."  Then when it was Erik's turn to throw the knives he also missed and he picked up the dropped one and then stabbed John's face with it, and the others as he was delivering his lines. it was a great way to recover from a flub and almost made the moment a touch more intense.

No comments: