Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Day 35/365 (August 21, 2014)





The day started out really terrible. I didn't get that much sleep because there were two hungry kitties wanting food but since Charlie couldn't eat because of his dental surgery poor Fred had to suffer too. (they ended up extracting 12 teeth!) Then on my way to the office, even though I was far from the curb, a cab shot up yucky sidewalk water and hit me, then I stumbled across a poor dead bird underside up with his feet sticking out that sickened me terribly. All of this is making my tolerance for things extremely small and I keep trying to turn things around but its difficult.

I headed home after work a took a little me time to get into a better mood which worked thankfully, then I got ready for Shoshana and Michael's birthday part with the help of Sasha who did my hair and makeup. I borrowed one of her dresses and actually wore my silver wedges. I always think I look so funny with makeup on. When I was walking there a police officer on a horse saw me and shouted "hey princess" which of course made my night!

The party was lovely as expected and I had a great time. They had a photo booth set up which is always fun and besides seeing some of my friends I also made some new friends that night which is always nice.I will say one of my favorite moments was quite late into the evening when I ran into Natalie Weiss. I am always surprised when she remembers me (which is silly because she always does) but it has been such a long time but when she saw me she told me how great I looked and noticed my significant weight loss from the last time we saw each other. Its little things like that when people notice that really help me feel so much better and gives me the push I need when I start to have a few bad days, especially coming from her. The day started terrible but I am so happy it ended on such a great note. It wasn't even bad walking home in the rain!

No comments: