Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 107365 (November 1, 2014)
















It was the day of the party. It was also not so much a good day and a good one at the same time.  I started by doing cake ball prep and then my mom called to say Nana wasn't doing too well and they thought she might die at any moment. Needless to say I was pretty upset. She ended up slipping into a coma later in the day. I feel so helpless and torn, but I don't handle emotions very well so I find it best to turn them off and compartmentalize. Luckily the party provided a good distraction. I made the chai cake balls and had fun splattering them with colors like Sasha wanted. Sasha and Karen did an excellent job of turning our apartment into Wonderland. I really remarkable job! The boys even dressed up, well Fred had a few costume changes, Charlie wasn't as cooperative but I love my behind the scenes shot of a kitty costume photo shoot! They even got Lola to record quotes from the book in her British accent and had it play in between the background music... donezo!

we played mao, psychiatrist, mafia, and just had a really fun time. Hope's white rabbit costume was AMAZING, as was Laura's Cheshire cat makeup. I enjoyed being Alice in Wonderland and Monique was Alice also, haha. I think me chasing Hope is one of the greatest pictures! I did stuff my face with all of the wonderful food... the macarons (those burger things) were a hit as were the cake balls. Sasha couldn't wait to try the macarons.

No comments: