Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Day 110365 (November 4, 2014)





Oopsie I rushed Pippin this morning.... I mean it will be closing Jan. 4 and I want to see Josh Kaufman. I was going to wait a couple weeks to give him a chance to grow in the role before seeing him to give him a fair chance, but the closing notice forced me to go sooner, and it has been 6 days since I saw it... I need to tone it down though if I plan on seeing the tour and not dwindling my savings account on theatre.

I went to the gym and came home to try to take a peaceful bath instead Charlie cred the whole time. eventually i went out to see Pippin. I do love the show. Josh is trying really hard and he sounded really good during Morning Glow and On the Right Track. He needs some time and to realize saying lines loudly does not equate to acting/high energy. However I didn't dislike him as much as I thought I would and the fact I could see how hard he was trying and cared is enough for me to give him another shot in a couple of weeks. My anonymity at the show is officially gone... all the looks form the acrobats and actors are very fun and appreciated. The cute acrobat girl I finally spoke with the other night saw me in the aisle and ran to give me a hug at the beginning of Act 2 which was pretty sweet. I got a picture with Mike in his Lewis costume since they were collecting for BC/EFA, Baby Orion (the Australian) finally was in the whole show so it was nice to see that.... he is doing a pretty good job and the fire juggling can now be back!

Then after the show they were having a "fan appreciation party" to welcome and celebrate Josh joining the cast. I ate way too much cheese and other little foods. It was nice to hang out an chat with some of them, and ones I don;t usually get to like Andrew Fitch and Charlie for a hot minute. I met Josh and he was very nice. I met Baby Orion and had some nice convos with two of the acrobats and one of the little Theos (Eli). It was a late but really needed fun night, my only regret is all the food i stuffed in my face because I need to work on my self control.

No comments: