Monday, November 17, 2014

Day 116/365 (November 10, 2014)


Got up super early to run a few errands before the funeral. Karen and I had to go pick up food from Michael's. go to Dunkin Donuts to get the coffee and munchkins, then drop off all of that to the church before heading to the funeral home.

The funeral was difficult and lots of tears were shed but it was a nice service even if the pastor kept singing. It was nice of the family to put aside their drama for a few hours and come together as one.

After the funeral we went to the church for the reception and the church lady that helped set everything up put me and Karen to work. I am pretty sure she ended up not liking me but whatever. I couldn't believe I was made to help serve everybody, this was as much for me as everyone else but she was a scary lady.

After it was all over we came back to my mom's and then people started coming over in droves to see Grandpa. I did have probably the longest conversation I have ever had with Grandpa at one point which was nice, and Tessa wanted to read me stories. It ended up being so loud and chaotic and Colson bit me. Luckily i had a sleeve protecting me or he would have broken the skin!

Eventually Karen and I said our goodbyes and went over to my Auntie Margaret's to get a good night's sleep before our early morning travels the next day, since neither of us had been sleeping well while in MA.

No comments: