Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Day 117/365 (November 11, 2014)





We got up and left so early, we made good time and there wasn't much traffic. Checked into our hotel that was not the qulaity we were expecting and we were the only guests that night.

Then we went out to get some food and found this cute cafe... I had the best meatball sub of my life. As we were leaving and throwing our stuff out i told Karen "oh look someone got the hot chocolate flight" and then we left... we had just gotten to our car and I saw an Alton Brown tweet where he showed a picture of him WITH THE HOT CHOCOLATE FLIGHT from that place, we had missed him by moments and I was crushed... I looked terrible so probably for the best!

Then we went back to the hotel to rest and clean up before going to the meet and greet/show. I freaking met Alton Brown after years of LOVING him... my heart was soaring! He was so nice and as he was signing my badge he said that way there I could get at least $3 for it on eBay and i was like oh no it is worth much more than that I have loved you for years and he was like oh im not worthy of that and i was all yes you are!

The seat we had was up close and awesome. his show was so freaking funny, i was in stitches. he did a Q and A and had told people to tweet pictures with selfies and mine popped up first and when he saw it he was like oh you are sitting right over here aren't you and came to me... then he told me that i looked much nicer in person than my selfie but thanks for listening to his how to take a selfie tip... LOL!

The day would have been perfect except after the show we got dinner since we were starving and by the time we got back to our hotel we were LOCKED OUT!

We spnt over an hour freezing and needing to go to the bathroom trying to break open the door, and swipe our keys fruitlessly, and banging on the doors, and calling the front desk to no avail. the phone would ring, then switch to the portable we could see in its cradle. Finally we felt we had no choice and gave up and went to the hotel that was close by. The guy who was working there was beyond friendly and helpful and gave us a discount. The hotel was so nice, so so nice! wish we had been there from the start so thank you Hampton Inn and Suites, I will be a repeat customer thanks to you and Casey!

No comments: