Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 266/365 (May 11. 2009)



The day started off with me being excited that i wasnt going to do anything tonight. i watched a bunch of tv and ignored my email. Then i got a call from Diane and ended up making plans to go see Broadway's Leading Men at Birdland which was a benefit for BC/EFA.

Later on i got ready and headed out. First i made a quick trip to Sasha's and picked up her camera and gave Fred and Pip a little love, then i headed to Birdland. I dropped Tucker off with Krysta then headed in. we got a great seat right in the front circle in the center and had some yummy food. the evening was so nice. everyone sounded great and it was just enjoyable. 

Michael Kadin Craig sang a new song by Michael Patrick Walker and it was really cute and funny. i wish i had audio. it was about this guy that liked this girl but she liked someone else so he was trying to convince her he was better, and my favorite lyric was "he's edge and i'm 3G."

I had forgotten that Groff was to be a part of the evening so that was a pleasant surprise and he sang a medley from the sound of music and the main element was the goat herder song, and he yodeled with his heart and made me so happy since that is still one of my favorite dance recital songs.  I was also amazed by Kevin Earley. i had ever seen him sing before but what a voice! my eyes literally popped at one point because it was that good and that doesnt happen often! One of the pictures above was the producer, Wayman, blowing out his birthday candles and i thought it looked nifty so i included it.

This was day 2 of running into Jo Ann. which was nice since its been so long since i have seen her! so she, diane, and myself hung out and chatted after and failed at speaking with Groff since our waiters took too long with our checks, then we headed home. I also chatted with Mark for a bit on the phone too.

No comments: