Friday, June 5, 2015

Day 322/365 (June 4, 2015)






went into work very briefly then I headed up to Central Park. I wanted to watch Penski play softball since her Les Mi team was playing her old Kinky Boots (Kinky Bats) team. It was beautiful out and they won... so woo for that! The old Wicked SD guy is on the kinky Boots team and when he saw me we chatted for a bit... apparently he is now a police officer, good for him!

Then because I was already in the park I figured I might as well go watch the Davenport team play. When I got there they asked me if I wanted to play... so I said yes... they needed a second girl or they couldn't play. I warned them that I am not good at sports but they were very encouraging :) Neil and someone named Simon gave me some quick lessons and got some tips from someone else who was nice enough to take a few pictures for me... I ended up playing catcher and I didn't completely suck! I somehow managed to hit the ball all 4 times and even got two runs batted in and I did make it first base one other time, the other time i was out before I got there but whatever i felt pretty jazzed by the whole thing and the umpire was very helpful to me as was the other people playing...  who knew sports could be so fun? We even won 15-0 against Aladdin. Then home i went to wait for Raphael. He finally came and now our tubs drain wonderfully!

Then I went to the evil cookie place and eventually helped Sasha with more of her flowers. Charlie ended up wearing the flower parts and poor fred was trying to lie on them.

No comments: