Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day 334/365 (June 16, 2015)






After work I headed home and embarked on a 7.5 hour baking adventure. I really didn't think it would take that long and I ate way too many sugar cookies. Thankfully the sugar cookie dough i had made the night before had firmed up enough that I could roll it out and after each roll out i slowly added more flour to it... this made the cookies come out with various thickness and spread-outedness depending on when it was cut. This made them not my best sugar cookie attempt but I didn't really care because they were going on cupcakes and needed to be decorated.

Over the next several hours many dished were done, and I went on a cookie decorating rampage with some design ideas from Sasha and Karen. I made jock straps and thongs and they came out better than the boobs (complete with pasties) I made. They are for a Broadway Bares bake sale and the theme this year is tops and bottoms. I used candy melts in strategic places to imply bumps. My most scandalous decorating yet! I also made 75 mini red velvet cupcakes and frosting that once again not my best but still good. I got to the point of the night where I just didn't care anymore because i wanted it done. Did i mention i ate way too many cookies also?

I left the kitchen cleaner than when I began because I am actually good at picking up after myself.

No comments: