Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 196/365 (March 2, 2009)

The day wasn't eventful until Krysta, Mary, Karolina, Mark, Michelle, and myself went to a reading of a musical called Homeland that Kyle Dean was in. The musical was pretty good but it was only selections from it so i feel like they cut back on the secondary story line which made sense to feature the main story line, but sometimes i felt like something was missing.  The cast was perfect, and the music was quite something. Deborah Lew has such a pretty voice, and well everyone was just fantastic.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Michael, who was co-host at mostly sondheim last friday, was in it. Kyle Dean did a great job and got to sing one of my 3 favorite songs that was performed. ("something in the key of d" is what i refer to it as)

We chatted with Kyle Dean after for a bit and he was surprised to see all of us there.

The most random favorite things of the day for me though play to my "i am so totally a superstar" mindset. so when we went to check in the person with the guest list didnt even ak for my name, and was like sheehan you are all set... and i was impressed he knew my last name too!  then the best part so when we were waiting around for the house to open this guy asked me :excuse me, have i seen you perform at the duplex?" and i was like oh you mean mostly sondheim and he was like yea... turns out he saw me and grace sing church rulez and remembered me... that made my day. Especially since he said perform, not sing... which makes it sound like i had a show there or something which would never happen in a million years but still! and to top it off turns out he was the one who wrote Homeland!

ps there was alot of snow on the ground! apparently it was a blizzard.

No comments: