Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 208/365 (March 14, 2009)

I got up so very early and took a shower in one of the worst water pressure showers ever! Then I dressed and headed to get some breakfast form the hotel lobby… a blueberry muffin and orange juice. Then I went outside and found it was so very cold so I had to change into sneakers and long pants… so glad I brought my hoodie!

I have no idea how I made it to meet Hope’s sister Sara at the train station in Dallas without getting too lost. (I did have a tiny detour) and by the way the Texas highway set up is really annoying and confusing! Not all the exits have numbers and they have so many routes that collide and have weird names… like 35E… but that doesn’t mean it is 35 East… that means 35E in either north or south… it messed with my mind, and there aren’t random signs along the road that let you know if you are on the right highway still!

I waited a bit before meeting up with Sara then we went to use the dart and took it to Lover’s Lane… then we walked a bit to meet up with her friends. Let me tell you the St. Patrick’s Day parade was all sorts of fun! There were people everywhere dressed in green and having a fun time, almost all he floats that drove by threw beads into the crowd and I got really good at catching them. Other stuff was thrown too, most unusual a jalapeƱo and oranges.

Her friends were all really great and when the parade was over we walked to find a bar they said was great and had food. It did seem like a pretty fun place to go hang out but because the parade crowd was all there after waiting for like an hour or so we still hadn’t gotten a table and I had to leave so we walked to our cars since we were already more than half way there and I passed girl scouts selling cookies and bought a box of somas… best and worst thing I could have done. In the parking lot there was also a couple sat on top a cooer in the middle of the roadway making out and cars had to go around to avoid them and we all found it pretty funny! Another thing to note was that people were tailgating the parade and it was just a really fun environment/atmosphere. It was also fun to walk in the middle of the street to get to the bar called Ozona… since the roads were still closed off because they needed to be cleaned before cars could drive on it again.

Then I made my way back to Fort Worth so I could meet up with some people to go to dinner. On the way I found someone’s credit card in the ground… sadness for her! We went to PF Changs, which I had never been to before and got some yummy food. The shrimp dumplings were my favorite, and I got sesame chicken and then some sort of banana thing for dessert. It was an interesting dinner since the waitress just kept coming over and talking to us every chance she had, and she was really nice but I kept thinking “don’t you have other customers?” There was also a little mishap with finding glass in someone’s food… seriously glass! (good thing it wasn’t me!)

Then we finally left and this was the first moment of the trip I saw something and didn’t take a picture of it which I kind of regret… but there was this building that had windows and stuff painted on top… so it looked like there were windows, it was pretty random!

Then I passed sometime talking on the phone with mark and roaming the area. I am happy I decided I had to use the bathroom when I was in the performance hall because the stalls had music bars on them and I liked that lots!

I saw the show again and was the awkward person to start the standing ovation at the end… I mean really people the performers just worked really hard to entertain us; standing is the least you can do to show your appreciation!

Then I went to the SD one last time and said goodbye and found my way home… I didn’t get lost and towards the end I dint need my directions anymore… I was quite proud of myself!

The more fine details of this will be found in a livejournal entry if you are one of my LJ friends.

No comments: