Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 209/365 (March 15, 2009)


I woke up, packed, and checked out of the hotel. Since I had some major time to kill before I needed to get to the airport I decided to go to visit the stockyards since I was told I should check it out. I got there in time to see the tail end of the cattle drive and roamed around a bit. The people in Texas are really quite nice! I poked in the stores and roamed the brick lined streets. I pet a horse and found my Texas magnet! I also bought a really fun necklace that is called “ a princess necklace” which is so fitting for me… but it comes with a “cage” and you could pick one stone to put in it so I chose a pretty purple one… but when I was exploring the rest of the store they had a gem bin… which I have always had a problem with since I was little because I LOVE collecting those types of semi-precious stones. I was responsible and only bought the small bag, not the big… but the fun thing was that all the stones I got I can use to change in and out of my necklace cage so I got different colors to match my different shirts and now I can always have a necklace to match since I have been liking to wear necklaces lately! AND I am not allergic to the chain since it is a rope… I am just afraid I might be allergic to the “cage.” Time will tell… When I went to the register to checkout the woman behind the counter told me that she was listening to me pick out the stone I wanted to go with the necklace and said that it had been a long time since she heard someone as excited about the stuff in the store as her.

This trip really was amazing and worth the crazy money I ended up spending on it… I made some new friends and actually explored an area I traveled to and didn’t just see a show. It was also really nice to just be able to drive.

Then I went to the airport and allowed lots of time figuring I would get lost, and it would take forever to return the car since it did to rent it, and I figured the security checkpoint… well I didn’t get lost, there was no line to return the car, the shuttle cam right away, I didn’t have to wait in line to get my ticket, and there was not one person in line at the security check point! I was three hours early for my flight that ended up taking off two hours late! I was able to take a nap and charge my ipod for a bit since I forgot to do that the whole trip. It was kind of nice because I ended up listening to all 4 of my mix CDs during the trip and at the very end the last song I listened to was Honey by J.L. sung by MKC, which made it kind of full circle.

Also there was a little girl on the plane behind me and she was so cute and pronounced her Rs like Ws and I loved when she said I love Pwincesses… and at some point she told her mom that everyone should wear undies.

At this point I am afraid I am going to miss my connecting flight… as in unless that flight got delayed I will definitely be missing it because we left so late. The flight was delayed a little bit! I landed in New York sometime well after midnight, and got on the M60 bus to go back home. Whilst on the bus someone opened the window I was right next to and my face froze from the wind. When I got to 125h st I didn’t feel like taking the subway so I walked back home at like 1:20 in the morning! It was a nice walk, and then I watched some TV and fought my lame Internet connection by giving up and stealing wifi… I am calling time warner tomorrow to complain!

I also hate newnew facebook, I don’t see how it is better, and I will try to use my phone even more so now!

I also haven’t finished writing my LJ entry at this point… I need to do that and the kitties have barely given my 5 seconds to myself, I am both in love with this and annoyed!

No comments: