Monday, March 2, 2015

Day 227/365 (March 1, 2015)






Now that was a crazy night!!!!

I am pretty sure today will be my best day of 2015.

It began by going to the Altar Boyz Reunion concert sound check. I spent 3 hours at 54 Below as Altar Boyz music was being performed and stories were being shared and seeing so many faces I have missed. There was Andy Karl doing table dives and Kevin Kern completely surprised me by pulling me up onstage when they were doing Something About You. I mean you know I love being serenaded but I wasn't expecting it to happen so I was all about it! It was really funny during the talking part Kevin was like "Something's making me put on the brakes, maybe it's that I'm 40 and I've got four kids at home or maybe it's your special blend of charisma and spunk"... hilarious! They told him to do it during the show and it was a great call! Then he referred to me as his girlfriend so shhh don't tell his wife, haha! Ryan Ratliff jokingly asked where the cookies were and I was like don't worry I have them for tonight!

Then I headed home for a bit (where I got a little bit of Lola time) before heading out to meet up with some holics at the lounge to catch up. It was so surreal to see some of them again, especially the ones that had been really young and are now adults. My mind was blown and it shocked me how sad i was when they slowly left to head over to 54 Below. It was like I was saying bye to long lost family members! Thank you Beth, Sarah, Allison, Natalie, Michelle, Mark, Diane, Lynette, and Michelle for coming (and Allison's parents like old times).

I chose to wear the dress I got on super sale from Macy's and let me tell you how much I loved it and had fun wearing it. I got a whole bunch of compliments on it as well! New party dress :)

Then it was over to 54 Below for the shows. When I got there Kenita Miller was there (from previous show) and we chatted for a bit, and she asked to have a cookie. Then things got more and more exciting as the boyz started to arrive and took pictures and I got to see them do their preshow chant and then it was show time!

Let me tell you being stage manager is stressful! I had so much fun though making sure everyone was ready to go before their song and having the handheld mics ready for the people who needed them and it was really neat to be standing by the bar watching the show with all of them and hearing their excitement and sing alongs and attempting to remember choreography. Safford was fog boy for the first show, and Lynne was the SAY girl. I learned the reason Mark wore a hat for Epiphany was because Tyler thought his hair looked terrible by that point and "demanded" to wear a hat so he would look good for his song. Scott Porter Sent in a video since he couldn't be there that was super sweet. Andy Karl walked across a table during Body, Mind, & Soul, and for the second show poured Karolina's glass of water on top of himself. All the boys came out during Number 918 and got to "excerise the crowd" And Carlos brought water with him to sprinkle on people and just watching the faces of the people in thhe audience as they came out and just had so much fun. I am sure I am missing so many more moments of note but it was so incredibly wonderful. The second show I had a panic moment when I thought Mitch was missing before a song he was singing in and I was freaking out until James realized i was looking for him and he was like he is on stage.... oops! haha Neil and Carlos did the Sit Down from Church Rulez booty pop with Travis, and They whiffered each other on stage. Kevin (Del Aguila) made a cheesy fun joke saying A. Boyz are now A. Men!

I also got to see so many other holics that couldn't make it to to the lounge and everywhere I turned there were more people I haven't seen in ages. The Choratis', and Kim, and Neil's mom/people in general, and Heather, Kelly, Suze (who was actually really nice and affectionate to me), and just too many to name! It was also nice to meet Michael Patrick Walker in person since we used to twitter chat all the time!

Then went to Characters with a couple of people including Shoshana. It was a lovely way to end the might :)

No comments: