Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day 246/365 (March 20, 2015)











It was a crazy day but filled with much happiness and unfortunately snow! I headed intot he office to do a few quick things before Ted arrived with Dennis. Dennis had another day off from school so I said we could have a city day. We headed up to the Sony Wonder Lab, and spent some time there. They had some fun things like robots that danced and pretending to do heart surgery with a robot hand, and other things like video game (PlayStation, etc...) It is something we both wanted to check out but in my opinion although there were fun elements it was more geared towards younger kids than Dennis. SO it was fun but not OMG Let's go back, but it was fun spending quality time with him!

Then we were trying to figure out what to do next when he mentioned that he heard there was a place that had frozen hot chocolate so I decided that we would go to Serendipity 3 for lunch. It didn't open until 11:30 so we figured w would "kill some time" in nearby Dylan's Candy Bar. He was quite pleased with this idea and picked out candy for his sisters and himself. Then we went to wait in line for lunch. That is when it started to snow... we finally got inside and had a yummy lunch followed by the delicious frrrozen hot chocolate. He was a good sport since I kept making him take pictures with me! We passed by St. Patrick's Cathedral and he asked if we could go inside, so we did. Then he wanted to go back to the office and warm up while we figured out what to do next... which ended up being going to Grand Central to get frozen custard from Shake Shack. Then we came back to the office and just watched stuff on Netflix/Hulu because it was so cold and snowy until Ted was ready to head back home.

I said my goodbyes and headed off to the hotel where Derrick (and supposed to be Cody) from Big Brother said they would be hanging out. By the time I got there (which was not that late) Cody had sadly already left but Derrick was there! I was so happy to meet him and we chatted for a bit, such a nice guy! I also had the best Shirley Temple ever... yum!

Then i went home and lounged for a bit until I went out super late to see Travis' Boy Band Project perform (with him, Jesse, and Joey Khoury... and some other guy). Luckily I spotted Andy so I had someone to chat with for a little bit before they performed. It was a quick performance but they were so good and the crowd seemed to love them! Then I chatted for a bit and headed home

No comments: