Thursday, October 30, 2014

Day 100/365 (October 25, 2014)








Another day where i spent the majority of it feeling overwhelmed and stressed but it was all for a good reason! I spent my morning playing with Tessa and Colson, making a whole bunch of frosting, and filling/crumb coating the cakes. Then i went to Tessa's soccer game for a while. Then hurried to get my mom who doesn't know the meaning of "in a hurry." When I finally got back to Becky's I made the last bit of frosting and then did the actual frosting coating. Becky's kitchen aide is great because it is a larger capacity so I was able to make 3 batches of frosting at once, and probably could have done u to 5! However it doesn't tilt up so it was difficult to scrape the sides and was driving me batty!

Mike then came and used a toothpick to draw a tractor on the cake and I made the different colors, and was so pleased the black actually came out black! Then I traced the tractor and stacked the cakes and piped the border. Then began picking up after myself since I made a mess! Mike had to write on the cake since Sasha was too far away.

The party itself was very nice and t was good to see everyone that showed up. There were so many cute little kids there that enjoyed my cake... which I ended up having way too much of, sugar overload! I was also "surprised" with a cake of my own. I saw it before they brought it out but i acted surprised for them and it was very sweet since they never see me on my birthday. Samantha and Mike came with baby Xavier. He is such a cutie but was asleep most of the party which they didn't want. It was funny watching them try to keep him awake but that was a failure... until they went to leave and then he was wide awake!

After the party was over I stuck around for a bit and then sadly had to leave. I am always so conflicted because MA stresses and overwhelms me but when it is time to eave it is always so hard especially when I am with Becky and her kids. I had to hold back tears while driving. Luckily I made great time and when I got home i actually parallel parked the car in front of the apartment... first time ever! After everything was unloaded it took me 22 minutes to drive the car the one block to park it thanks to city traffic!

No comments: