Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 95/365 (October 20, 2014)






So cold today, and I am starting to stress about my quick trip to MA the end of the week! After work I went to the gym and I am so proud of myself, i was on the elliptical for 35 minutes and did 4.77 miles! Then i did some Fairway and Trader Joe's shopping before coming home. I forgot my anytime bar this morning and that caused much hunger throughout the day!

When I got home after a bit I decided I wanted to try making pumpkin spice macarons with a browned buttercream filling as a test for the Halloween party I am going to next week. They turned out pretty freaking amazing! the recipe left out some detail I know from the one other time I made them so I sort of took my chances. The first batch had a bunch come out cracked like a snickerdoodle since I guess I didn't let them sit out long enough but the next batch came out perfect, and for the most part they are all the same size thanks to the stencil i made ages ago! The frosting though i think is the real star... so good, it took all I had not to squeeze the leftovers in my mouth! I also made some cute gift boxes  from zebra cardstock for them to give away!

No comments: