Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Day 82/365 (October 7, 2014)





What a day! First I woke up to Charlie sleeping like that by my leg, and Fred sleeping like that on the pillow next to me. I got ready and headed out to Pippin rush. Rush was uneventful which is always good, then I went to work. Afterwards I went to the gym for a bit and met up with Jess' friend Avi.

We are planning her NYC bachelorette party next year so we wanted to get together and start brainstorming and pick a date. Obviously I can't discuss what we are thinking but if we can make any of our ideas come to fruition it is going to be SO FUN!!!! He is a pretty cool guy (duh he is a friend of Jess) so we chatted for quite sometime after we were done then I headed up to Trader Joe's so I would starve until Friday. Then I came home and had dinner and took a shower before heading out to see Pippin. There was a bunch of understudy action happening which is always fun. Colin was on for the King, and Sam was on for Colin and Lara (i think is her name) was on for Berthe the first time ever. I enjoy Colin as King Charles so it was nice to see again. Lara did an excellent job as Berthe but it is funny because she is no way near a grandma age. She altered her voice, altered her posture, and did her makeup in a way to appear older but as soon as she took off the robe there was no hiding the fact she is quite young! I found that pretty funny. So much better than Priscilla! Orion was still in the show which made me happy (and finally got a picture with him even if it is blurry). There was a moment early in the show where Pippin has the sword and hits the floor with it as he is trying to convince Charlemagne to let him go to war and the sword BROKE! the piece went clanking onto the ground and KDM had this look on his face and was just like oops. it was pretty freaking funny, then he kicked the piece of stage and the show went on but it made me chuckle quite a bit!

When the show was over it was starting to drizzle and I had not brought my umbrella so I was not looking forward to walking home but ended up walking with someone who was a lovely gentleman and he held his umbrella for the both of us so I stayed dry woo~hoo!

Karen also made Charlie a scarecrow halloween costume and they did a photo shoot with the boys as the cowardly lion and scarecrow

No comments: