Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 94/365 (October 19, 2014)


I wasn;t sure if I should see Pippin or not while KDM was on vacation since I should be careful with my finances but I really like the show and had heard good things about his understudy Mike Schwitter so I figured why not. It was so cold out, but I made it through the wait and got my favorite seat then I went home and ended up napping a tiny bit.

Mike was really very good as Pippin. Which considering who he was filling in for is not a compliment I would give sightly. If he was the one replacing KDM I wouldn't be sad. He only had a few minor moments where he was singing too quietly, but he made some really great acting choices. Orion was supposed to be gone but they needed him one more week so today turned out to really really really be his last show (kind of like Ravi as Abe). To everyone's surprise for the final part of the show when he came running out with the flame jugglers he had put his hair in a very impressive chunky spiky Mohawk and everyone onstage had to work extra hard not to laugh. He also did some extra fun stuff on the ball during curtain call song.

After the show I met up with Ben and his friend Ashley since they had seen it as well and we ended up going to Juniors. Katherine came to meet up with us. It was lovely chatting and then we got pumpkin cheesecake to share... oops!

Finally went home and was so sleepy so I didn't do much but I did try to set up the new modem TWC delivered and failed miserably, I had just given up hope when Sasha came home and a friend of hers saw and offered to help. Finally an hour later with his help and a call to TWC we were successful!

No comments: