Monday, October 20, 2014

Day 91/365 (October 16, 2014)



I went to work and then I went to the gym and then I came home and was lay on the couch for a bit. I planned on lottoing Kinky Boots but almost missed it because I didn't realize it was a 7 pm curtain until super close to pull time. I met a very nice girl and we were lotto buddies and I won! so then I went home, had dinner, and got cleaned up before heading out to the show.

The lotto seats really are terrible in the boxes! I missed a whole part of the stage for the first act, luckily I was able to move during intermission! When I got to my original seat the girl's sister was there and she gave me a note from her and she explained she gave the ticket to her sister since she was moving and hoped I didn't mind. It was just a really nice thing, and made my night a bit better! Jake was really very god as Charlie, though it took him until Everybody Say Yeah to let go of some of his nerves but overall he gave a solid performance and I would see it again. I do however wish Billy Porter would just leave already. His voice is so tired and busted and hurts to hard him struggle to hit the notes, yet the audience eats him up and I am like why? Saw Ellyn after for a brief moment and she gave me a in jest hard time about coming to see Jake as Charlie and not her as Lauren... oops! I did see her months ago though!

No comments: