Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 88/365 (October 13, 2014)



I finally tried putting fondant on a cake! I made a pumpkin cake with chai frosting. Surprisingly it was pretty easy to put it on and I only had one minor issue when I accidentally ripped a piece because i didn't estimate the center correctly, but I patched it up no worries! Then I used corn syrup as a glue for my disco dust and piped a border... I am pretty pleased with my first attempt, and can't wait to improve the next time I try!

We also noticed last night that we had a leak starting in our small bathroom so our landlord sent Raymond over to look at it. I am thankful for the speedy response but it always takes so long once he starts. He came and looked at it then said he needed to go to the hardware store... so he left and came back  and started working on it. I cold here him muttering unbelievable over and over and every so often this is not good. After about an hour he said he needed a different part that the store didn't have and that he needed to come back tomorrow... ugh! he leaves and we cant use that bathroom now because the sink isn't fully put together and he made the floor a disgusting hot mess! Then about 30 minutes later I get a knock on the door and here he is again, He said he found a different store an came back because he got a call about a big job and that he would still try to come tomorrow but didn't think he could... oof!

No comments: