Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Day 288/365 (May 1, 2015)






The morning started off pretty early for me but I puttered around because I didn't want to get dressed. Finally did and headed to work and it was fairly chilly thanks to the stupid wind!

Afterwards I went home for a bit, then walked downtown to the PATH train at WTC to head to NJ to watch Harper. I got there early so I puttered around a bit. Then I met up with Harper and her parents. s soon as we were walking to her dad's place she asked if I brought the lollipop we got when she was with me last... I didn't because I forgot about it/no clue where it is. Then I was impressed as she led me to her dad's place. She has a good sense of direction!

She was so excited to bring me in and show me where all the light switches were. She then told me her dad got her a special treat and was so excited... they were pretzels! They were gluten and corn free and she loved them. (They tasted horrific to me). I had to use the bathroom so she showed me where it was and then when i shut the door she opened it and said that "you don't have to shut the bathroom door so I can come in if i need to" and I was like okay... ahh pee fast! Then we headed out to the park and she insisted on bringing a ball and these magnets (metro mags) in a small paper box along with a snack bag of pretzels.

She was a crazy one at the playground and went down a slide she used to think was scary. It kept making her hair go crazy from the static electricity. She used the magnets as a pretend phone and was getting a whole bunch of phone calls. I don't even know who is calling me. She said she was on the phone with her sister at one point and said her day was awful. Then she kept singing We Built This City. She wanted to push me on the swings and I was both amused and concerned because she is so tiny i didn't want to hit her, but we made it work. We played some pretend soccer and eventually it was getting dark so we headed off.

t this point she was tired so i was carrying her on my shoulders while holding the ball and the now broken paper bag and metro mags. Then I stopped to pick up the pizza I ordered and added that to my carrying along with two drinks... i wish someone could have gotten a picture because i was a rock star and even able to bend down to pick up the metro mags she kept dropping. Then we headed back to her home and i was impressed again by her directions because she knew where to turn!

Once we got back we did some light playing then got her ready for bed. The girl brushes her teeth better than most adults! She has a cool bunk bed tat is full size but underneath isn't another bed so you can have play things under there, but she wanted to seep on her dad's bed. She chose a Where's Waldo book and joke book for her bedtime stories... luckily she knew where Waldo was. Then as I was reading the jokes she would giggle like crazy and say "i get that" or ask me why it was funny/ Most were not funny! Her giggling was cute though. Then i let her pick one more book that was actually a book and she cuddled up next to me with her bunny as i read. She then asked if i would stay in the room with her. So I did and she took my hand and asked if I was comfortable. She kept trying to talk so i said if she wanted me to stay we had to have quiet time... that is the last thing i remember until i woke up some time around 11! That was a comfy bed... then I moved out to the couch and fell asleep again.

Eventually i headed home and hopped the wrong PATH train so it took me longer and watched a woman take selfies of herself for 7 minutes... it was ridiculous!

No comments: