Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Day 291/365 (May 4, 2015)






Got to work early and stayed for quite some time, then headed home to freshen up. It is a good thing i left for Long Island at 4, instead of 4:30. There was even more traffic than I had anticipated and it took me 2 hours and 26 minutes to get there! My average speed was like 18 miles per hour. I got there just about 6:30... so no time for dinner!

I went to Northport to see the Apollo Link concert. Thanks to a very nice theater employee, Todd, I was able to change my seat to front row center! Then Liz, the concession girl, was super nice and led me to yummy/bad decisions for my "dinner". I ran into JB III beforehand and he was like do you live on Long Island, and I was like nope! I didn't even know he knew me so that was funny.

The woman I ended up sitting next to was fun and a talker but she was a singer! She started to sing along and it was made worse because during the show they kept encouraging people to sing along! Then all around me were... ahhh!!!!! The concert itself was really pretty awesome. I can't wait to see it again next Monday because they will have ironed out the few kinks. Brandon kept promoting their swag which was pretty funny and I just cannot get over how ridiculous they all sound. Jake is an arrangement genius, and his use of a tuning fork became an ongoing thing, and Adam's voice just makes me want to throw things... so good! There was another boy by me that also got his seat to move up and he was into the concert like cray so that was nice to see.

After the show I chatted with them for a bit before heading off to Target! First I had to wait for the car because the theater had required free valet parking. I gave them my ticket and there was a sign that said it could take up to 15 minutes to get the car. 20 minutes later I was still waiting and realized the car was right out front. It had been there the whole time because no cars drove up and I asked again for the "key" and they were like oh sorry.

Then I headed off to Target and picked up a few needed things, then headed home. It is so nice being in a car by yourself. I was singing along loudly and car dancing and I just love road trips when there is no traffic. However I always end up with a sore throat after one.

Fred sleeping on playbill flower stuff.

No comments: