Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 296/365 (May 9, 2015)











A busy and wonderful day! I started the morning off with a 90 minute walk, then came home and relaxed for a bit before Lola arrived. She took the suggestion to make her own Derblin inspired Critter and story very seriously. I was extremely impressed with her creativity and dedication. She worked on her story for about 4.5 hours. She kept asking us how to spell words, but not all of them. At one point both Sasha and I fell asleep briefly on the couch. She wanted to send it to "the company" meaning the couple that wrote the Derblin is a Derblin book she loves.

A bit later Karen came home and they worked on a necklace for Ellyn then we all headed off to NJ. While in the car we started playing "evil fairy." I have enjoyed all the games I have played with Lola, but I must say this was not one i liked and i felt slightly tortured. We got to her house and between bath time and dinner time and birthday planning we were able to avoid playing more of the evil fairy for a while. Then we played it again for a tiny bit before her dad got home. Then we went to trader joes and got some much needed groceries.Once home i was finally able to eat!

Eventually i headed out for another walk to finish my step goal and ended at 54 Below for Eric Michael Krop's show. I got there earlier than planned but step goal was achieved and I didn't want to add too much more steps to the count for the day! The girl who ended up in line behind me was working my last nerve. Every other word out of her mouth was like. I like totally like did like this thing like i.... And she kept creeping closer and closer to me an hitting me with her bag and phone and being oblivious to it. Luckily the doorman took notice and said i could go downstairs to wait at the seats until they were ready to open the house.

I got myself a lovely seat and Eric's show was really great. The boy can sing! So talented! so happy i stayed up so late for it! After it was over and I was up by the bar area i almost didn't recognize Brian (Nash) when he tried to say hi to me. The lighting was such a way i didn't really see his face until he was very close... oops! It was nice to chat with him for a bit, and then Eric... then I had to go home I was so sleepy! These 11:30 shows are killer on the sleep cycle!

No comments: