Friday, September 5, 2014

Day 49/365 (September 4, 2014)


I woke up early so I decided to rush pippin... when the BO opened at 10 there was only 9 people in line. I could have showed up at 9:55 and been the 8th person in line! Alas I was there much earlier but I had nothing else to do and it was nice out. The BO guy that was working is the usual one and he was nice enough to give me the specific seat I asked for. I have sat in the same two rush seats multiple times so I wanted to get a different vantage point, thanks guy! I feel like I should bring him something yummy at some point. I do feel bad that I will be seeing the show when there is a live double eviction episode of Big Brother, but I want to see Andrea Martin and what if I really like her? I might not get the chance to see it before she leaves so tonight was it.

I forced myself to the gym after work and I am so glad I did... it made me happier than I was. I went home after and made some dinner, relaxed, and showered before heading out to the show. I really do love me some Pippin. Andrea Martin is s amazing as people said. Not only is she a vocal powerhouse but when she did the trapeze tricks she made it look effortless. Oh i'm just going to flip, I'm just going to hang upside down and sing... no big deal. The others I have seen do it, you could see the struggle on their face as they tried to do everything. I hope to squeeze in seeing it with her once more if I can. However I hope Charlie is back soon because they guy that fills in for him is not good at leading the orchestra. Every time I have seen him conduct there has been some struggles, and this was no different. I also think there may have been a fill in trumpet or trombone player because there were some brassy sounding wrong notes frequently. During I Guess I'll Miss the Man however the MD had his pacing all over the place but Rachel Bay Jones is amazing and made it work. If you didn't know the song you probably wouldn't have known how off it was, but she held her own and made it work... bravo! It turns out the recent winner of SYTYCD was seeing the show too... excellent choice buddy! (I think his name is Ricky). I also want to know why tonight (and Saturday) they took out the last trick in Simple Joys... i meant to ask KDM but forgot, i want it back! Orion also did the trapeze tonight with Andrea... is there nothing he can't do? i just don't get how he is able to move so easily like that.

After the show i waited at the SD and took a pic with John Dossett... i really do kike him in the Charlemagne role! I told him so and he was like but I just started, and I was like I know, I've already seen you twice! It turns out Hanke was seeing the show too so I ran into him as he was leaving from backstage so that was nice to chat with him for a bit. He told me at one point that I should just go for my dreams (how sweet) and apologized for having to run after I had seen him in B & C months ago... I was like it is okay, you have a personal life!

I finally got home and was so wired and energized that sleep didn't happen until 2 am... oops! I did use the time wisely and watched Big Brother (yelp, go Frankie Go!) and packed my bag for New Rochelle.

No comments: