Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 66/365 (September 21, 2014)




Oh Boy oh boy! today was non other than "Broadway Christmas" aka the BC/EFA Flea Market which also serves as a reunion day where you run into so many people you know and love (or ones you try to avoid).

It started out early so I could peruse the tables and give them a once over. The thing I wanted the most was from the Pippin table. It was one of the Charlemagne pictures that pippin throws knives at signed by KDM and John Dosset. It started off way too highly priced but by the end of the day it came down to just the right amount and I got it!. I also got a picture with Barnum (dog in Pippin) wearing his circus collar. That dog is far too cute! I also won tickets to On The Town from the TDF Pik a Tik! I have never won tickets from there before, and got a Rent flyer with Joey Fatone on it and the Rent Bible (aka hardcover book). I spent the majority of the day stalking the Pippin table waiting for the price to drop otherwise I just popped in and out of the market throughout the day but here are some of my memorable moments:

-Ran into Caleb D. at the Cabaret table... it is always nice to see his smiling face!
-Ran into Todd Buonopane at the Cinderella table, since I missed seeing him Thursday after the show it was especially nice to chat with him
-Running into BC/EFA Frank a few times, and him showing me his The Little Mermaid pelican head purchase
-Ran into Haven Burton as she was leaving the autograph table. It was nice to catch up with her since it has been ages and also nice hearing her say how great I looked
-Ran into Neil while he was trying to sell raffle tickets to win tickets to Cinderella while he was decked head to tow in Buffalo Bills clothing (you know typical for this crowd lol)
-James Snyder was at the IF/THEN table for a bit and when he saw me he winked... my heart may have melted a touch
-I was standing by the Mamma Mia area and one of the cast members ran out to the table for a few moments in costume during the show and had to be corralled back in (blurry photo above)
-i tried to cross Shubert Alley as the it turns out the next way of celebrity autograph table people were taking their post and the crowd was parted waiting for them to walk by as if they were waiting for some major celebrity like The Beatles or something
-Just fun with some of my favorite people

By the end of the night I was exhausted beyond belief but it was all worth it and I even did two loads of laundry and cleaned up my room!

I would say the only negative part of the day was concerning Mark. It is a real shame when someone you were close to reacts to seeing you like they couldn't be bothered and wants to get away from you as soon as possible for no reason at all. Whatever I won't let someone else's problem affect my happiness.

No comments: