Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 53/365 (September 8, 2014)



The major theme of the day was baby (Cunneely) watch. Today was a busy one.... besides keeping an eye on my phone to see if little Cunneely had been born my day was so full!

I got up by 6:15 to make sure the girls were getting ready. I also took Penny outside to go potty, and made Dennis' lunch. I took Clare to school since she had to be there earlier than usual, came back and got Winnie and Dennis off to school. Then I took Penny for a walk, ot ready for the day, and worked for several hours before heading out to run errands. I hit up Trader Joe's, Target and Staples. Let me tell you the Target back to school section was a scary wasteland that should have had tumbleweed rolling through because it was so picked clean, an Staples was a disorganized scary mess. Luckily I found the notebook Clare wanted/needed. Then it was back to the house to play with Penny a bit before Dennis was dropped off and we headed out to get Clare.

When we came home I helped Dennis with his homework and then eventually started to prep dinner. I made a meatball sub bubble up, which was trader joe's biscuits cut into 1/8 pieces and mixed with marinara sauce, topped with frozen meatballs and fresh shredded mozzarella cheese. once I got it in the oven I headed off to pick Winnie up at school after her Field Hockey practice was over. Her practice ran late and then we had to go back to school after leaving because she had forgotten her backpack. When we got home dinner was ready and it was nice catching up on each others' day and then the girls had to finish their homework. Eventually it was time for Dennis to get to bed, then finally the girls. You know it is nice to know I am still capable of playing the role of "soccer mom" if I need to, and I enjoy it at times, but really I am grateful that I do not have to do this full time... it is so difficult and Paula does this on a daily basis, like so many other moms... strong work!

ps as of bedtime there was no news of Baby Cunneely making his appearance in the world... This child really knows how to get attention before he is even born, well played little one, well played!

I should also note I have been eating terribly this whole weekend and only feel mildly bad about it. Tonight, after several nights, and minor help from the cousins, i polished off the Trader Joe's Speculoos and Cookie Butter ice cream, that was quite tasty, ut not as tasty as I had been envisioning, which didn't stop me!

No comments: