Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Day 68/365 (September 23, 2014)





I am officially in "see Pippin as many times as I can before KDM leaves and the show potentially goes to crap because of the poorly chosen stunt cast actor" mode. This morning I got up and rushed Pippin, the lady who works there and is usually mean to me and cranky in general was in her own way nice to me this morning... weird, but nice!

I headed home after work and spent some time chatting with Sasha's mom since she was there until her brother got out of class, then eventually Karen came home and I headed out to Pippin. I ran into Penski on my way to the theater so it was nice catching up with her for a bit. I was sitting in AA101, which is not my favorite of the front row seats and even though I have sat there before I still get surprised by when the actors get all close to me and I feel like I am going to get kicked or startled or in the case of last night stared down by quite a few people. At one point Charlotte D'Amboise leaned over to me and locked her gaze on me for about 20 seconds. Usually she tells the person sitting there they are extraordinary, but tonight she told me that i was a very pretty girl and I won't lie that made me feel pretty good! I got to see Kristen Beth Williams' debut as Catherine which she only found out about like 30 minutes before show time. She did a really fantastic job. Like really fantastic, and her Catherine dress is gorgeous and much prettier than the usual one (not that KDM noticed lol). Priscilla was better than the last time she was in the show but I still don't really like her and Carly Hughes was pretty good as Leading Player. I think in a couple weeks she will be phenomenal. She just needs time to figure out how to sustain her voice and energy through the entire show and feel more confident doing the trapeze/various tricks. I could tell her voice was there and her acting as well had some chilling moments. I look forward to seeing her grow over the next few weeks. Charlie was out again which means the guy who fills in as music director that is not so good with keeping the correct tempo or conducting the band was there so music wise there were some rough moments, and the lady behind me was giving commentary through the whole show... oh my goodness! It is lso really nice to hear KDM say how nice it is to see me in the audience when I am there, it helps me to not feel so completely crazy that I have been seeing the show so much lately.

Our front door lock was changed yesterday and I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to put the shiny new key in the shiny new lock and turn it with ease... no struggling, what a difference it makes! Also Fred was having a grand time on my bed... so cute!

No comments: