Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day 157/365 (December 21, 2014)






Today was so amazing and awesome and I just can't properly put into words how happy it made me!

It was an early morning start for my mega-bus journey to DC. The trip there was pretty quick and uneventful. When I got to Union Station in DC I asked a cop about walking to the theatre since it was only 1.2 miles away. I didn't know the area and if it was safe for walking like were there sidewalks or any sketchy parts. The police office told me it was safe during the day, but not at night and thought it was too far of a distance to walk. I was like it is nothing but thanks! I ended up at the theatre so much earlier than expected and discovered they had a freaking lotto! I could have saved tons of money but I mean it turned out to be a good thing since I had a front row seat and third row seat and if I hadn't had that front row seat my day would not have been as awesome as it had turned out!. After I picked up my tickets for the two shows I dropped off the cookies I brought for KDM with the stage door guy so he would get them before the show with a note. Then I went to the starbucks next door and ate a little something while waiting for the show to start. Eventually I changed into my nicer clothes and headed to the theatre.

It is such a large house and they let us in an hour early so I roamed the place and found a Pippin photo op spot. I had such mixed feelings about the show itself. SO many good things and bad things. Sasha Allen is terrible and anytime she things the tempo of the music is reduced greatly and I am not a fan of the guy playing Lewis. The acrobats were truly spectacular and did things I hadn't seen before. Cooper (the dog) is adorable though he didn't run out so KDM had to go over to him, then he laid down behind the thingies and held him up like Simba for the rest of the scene. It was pretty funny! The front row here was great because you didn't have to strain your neck and had full view of the show. I saw the moment when KDM noticed me because his guys got all big and then he mouthed to me at the beginning of "War is a Science"that the puppets were bigger. The end of the show was really cool. Since touring companies paint things backstage that aren't usually seen when the tent was "striked" and the backstage area was revealed you could see all of these various shows from the past and one of them was a tribute to Fosse when Sweet Charity was there and he passed away. It was incredible. Then the next greatest thing happened. During curtain call he mouthed to me and motioned to ask if I wanted to come backstage... um yes puh-lease!

After the show I made my way around to the stage door area and finally walked in when I saw him from afar. As I was going passed the SD guy he was like wait... and then handed me the cookies and the note. I couldn't believe he hadn't passed them along but at least I got to give them to him. It turned out he wasn't going to SD that day so if he hadn't have seen me he wouldn't have known I was there. Anyway we ended up running an errand and getting dinner. It was nice to have a chance to chat some place warm and not at a barricade. Then we headed back to the theatre area. He said he would come out to say bye to me after :) I was checking instagram and whoever runs Cooper's account is pretty funny and apologized for the mishap onstage and I was like its okay i will be back tonight and he was like there are ghosts i can't make promises. Starbucks was closed so I found a place called loco taco and ordered guacamole and sat down to charge my phone and read my book.

Finally made my way back to the theatre and saw the show again... Cooper did better but still not right, good thing he is cute! Then waited at SD and said bye before getting a cab and heading back to the station. Basically a perfect day!

No comments: