Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 212/365 (February 14, 2015)











Jess arrived super early so yay! I spent the day staying warm and having fun with Lola. I helped her with her thank you cards and bookmarks for the kids in her class. I was taking a picture of her working on them and she caught me and said "no pictures while I'm working" and then Karen was vacuuming and she put her hands on her ears and said "I can't concentrate." Then later on I pulled out our window markers when I thought about them and she and I had fun making pictures on the mirrors. She asked me all hurt like "why didn't you tell me about these before Tamra?" and i was like I forgot we had them. She ended up with green all over her hands from clean up and I was like you look like Elphaba and she asked who that was and I told her a wicked witch. I didn't know if she had seen the wizard of oz or knew about wicked. Then she said she knew of a wicked witch she is in wicked.... i was like well she is a Broadway baby! She also wanted to know why we still had snowflakes hanging up and didn't replace them with hearts.

Jess also told us about a "cat trap" where if you make a circle on the floor with tape cats will sit in it like a box... it worked!

I also made crepes that were wonderful!

Later I left to help Jess with Hedwig lotto an thankfully she got a ticket! Then I met up with Ben for dinner at Cosi before we went to see Jersey Boys thanks to Jordan Roth's twitter contest. I was treated like royalty. we were greeted by 3 different people, including the house manager, who called me by name and thanked us for being there on behalf of Jordan. We were given drink tickets and chocolate roses and the absolute best seats in the house in my opinion. It was truly a wonderful evening. I have always heard that Jordan is a stand-up guy but this was my first experience and he went above and beyond and I just can't get over how wonderful the evening was. The added bonus was I finally saw Jersey boys and can cross that off my dirty musical theatre secrets for not having seen it. I really enjoyed it and would love to see it again. Then after Ben and I went backstage because his friend Quinn offered to take us so we took a few pictures on stage and chatted for a bit.... definitely the cherry on top of it all!

No comments: