Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 215/365 (February 17, 2015)







I spent the majority of the day in New Rochelle with the cousins. I worked remotely and Penny was not pleased. She spent a great deal of time glaring at me like "get that computer off your lap and cuddle/pet me" It also snowed for a bit. Dennis made us pancakes which I ate too many of, then I finally went to Trader Joe's and made my way back into the city. As I was driving and listening to a song sung by KDM I got some sad news about the ABz reunion concert and was crushed. When I got home I turned to cookie butter. Charlie passed out in front of the space heater.

Eventually I got ready and headed out to 54 Below to see Kate Rockwell do her solo show. I loved it so much. She is so talented and pretty funny too! I think my favorite moment was when she ended up playing "diva tag" sort of with the song "And I'm Telling You" from Dreamgirls. Justin Matthew Sargent  joined her and they kept trading off (though rehearsed" and he has an insane voice so it was fierce! I also really loved a medley she had that ranged from les miz to phantom to cats. It was also nice running into some people I haven't seen in a while that were in BIO so that was fun! (Sheldon, Nikki, and Taylor).

I also met Vanessa Ray (Blue Bloods) who was there to support Kate and she was so super nice. I know she has been on Broadway but I never saw her on anything but I do love me some Blue Bloods). I tool a picture and chatted with her a bit... really just super sweet!

No comments: