Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Day 254/365 (March 28, 2015)











Charlie likes to pounce on me when he knows I am wake. The day began with Sasha, Karen, and myself driving to NJ to hit up Target and Trader Joe's. After we got home and put everything away we eventually went out for a long walk down to Chelsea Piers.

Then I showered and got ready to head out because Karen and I were going to see Davenport's newest show "That Bachelorette Show" It is like Awesome 80's Prom in the sense that it is an interactive show with character types that mingle and you vote but this is about choosing a husband for a girl and not a prom king/queen. My experience had a rocky start because I chose the wrong person to go with me. Karen was not feeling it the second we walked in an was just on her phone the whole time. I told her she could leave but she stayed (at first) and you can't be with someone at a thing like this because it is a vibe killer and you come off as standoffish. Sadly it turned out to be a ood thing she was paying attention to her phone because her Aunt needed her so if she had been ignoring her phone she would not have known. She did end up having to leave to go help out. Experiencing the show by yourself is not recommended but once I didn't have to worry about if she was tortured or not I was able to let myself enjoy some of the fun. It is a pretty cute concept and I liked it way more than Prom. If i was part of a group of people I would totally go back to it. There is a fun dance number to an *NSYNC song so that was fun to watch. I enjoyed the cowboy character because he was adorable and carried around a milk bottle and also the British rocker (former Altar Boy) James Royce Edwards... he got voted husband that night (and his son was there and he is adorable)

After the show was over I didn't stick around for the dance party since I had no one to talk with so I just headed home. I passed by a liquor store on the way and decided to see if they had a reasonably priced bottle of RumChata which they did... oops! I also found the boys looking ike why did all the mommies leave us?

I literally ran to Duane Reade after seeing a recipe for a snickerdoodle martini because I had everything except half and half... it was tasty, but I enjoyed the drink i created after which took elements of the snickerdoodle martini as a jumping point. It was super tasty!

Then I just went to bed.

No comments: