Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Day 281/365 (April 24, 2015)





What a day. I went to work for a few hours then headed downtown to meet up with Michael, Lauren, LeiLani, and her friend Abbey only to turn around and head right back to midtown! Did you know you can only swipe 4 people on one metro card at a time? That is so stupid! it should be 5! While on the train uptown I noticed Thomas Kail getting off the subway and he was talking to the person next to me, so i looked and it was Lin-Manuel Miranda! I said hi and asked for a photo and then my people asked who he was so i explained and then Michael was like I want a photo and Lin was all you don't even know who I am, then the others wanted one too and I was like guys leave him alone we have to get off... but he posed for a picture and was of course his super sweet self an told me to tweet the photo... so I did. He also told us about Hamilton and I was like oh I know!

They wanted to eat someplace "new york" and I can't think of things super fast so I went with John's Pizza since i knew where it was and people sing its' praises. After there we went to the evil cookie place and began our whirlwind tour. (also Lin Retweeted my tweet and less than an hour later I was twitter famous and ha like 45 favorites) We passed by the Richard Rogers because Michael wanted a picture of something with Lin's name on it. Then they got a photo op in times square, took a picture with a ghetto minion that tried to get aggressive for a payment and I was like TIPS ARE OPTIONAL I WILL CALL THE COPS so he left Michael alone. Michael kept getting stopped by people, then popped into the M&M Store and took Michael to the Deli David Letterman I guess shows on his show, so he got a picture with the deli guy and a sandwich. Then I took them for a photo op at Radio City and the Rockefeller Center. Onward to a quick stop in Grand Central, then we made our way downtown towards their destination. We made a quick trip to the World Trade Center because they wanted to see the memorial. Then went to take our place in line for the book signing they came for. Some guy named Connor Franta (I am calling Connor Fratata) who is a "youtube personality" and just wrote a book. No clue who he is but let me tell you he is LOVED by a gazillion pre-teens and young teenage girls. The line was wrapped around an entire block and we were far away. The kids made friends with the girls in front of us and I hung out with them for as long as I could but I was cold and tired and hungry so I left when I found out Sasha was heading uptown because I was close by where she works. We took a cab uptown and then I walked home from her destination. Got some food and finely got to relax!

No comments: