Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 277/365 (April 20, 2015)






This day was ca-razy!

I went to work per usual with the intention of leaving at 1 to head home and help more with the flowers, but that was not in the cards. Instead Ted asked if I could go with him to a meeting with a prospective client.at 3! I ended up running home around 1 because I needed to change my clothes. When I got there I found Lindsay, Marty, Karen, and eventually Penski all helping Sasha... it was impressive! I stayed for a touch and did some work, then took some stuff to work with back in the office until the meeting. The meeting lasted until just after 4 and when I looked at my phone i noticed Heather sent a text asking if I wanted to go to the Easter Bonnet with her... which I did but I then had less than 20 minutes to get from client, to deposit a check, to office to pick up my stuff, and run to the Minskoff theater in time... which i did! The shoes I was wearing were not meant for running!

The Easter Bonnet was enjoyable, especially Avenue Q and Hand to God's skits. Chicago had cute children and Ann Harada and Micah Stock were quite funny. Then after the show was over I ran to the apartment and dropped off the Playbill flower stuff I had been working on, even at  the Bonnet! Then ran to the subway. I do actually mean ran each and every time, i hustled! I got to Le Poisson Rouge and took my place in line. Turns out they lied and the show wasn't starting until 8, glad i didn't leave the bonnet early! I got a pretty good seat but I kind of regret going to Broadway Sings Tori. The performers were wonderful (for the most part) but there were too many stories and some were touching and brave to share but I did not want to hear them. The other problem was I do not know Tori's music so I had no personal connection and they were boring to me. One of the performers I wanted to see was Laura Benanti so I was going to try and hold out to see her since I had another concert to get to. Kyle Dean finally performed and that was enjoyable. I thought about leaving right after since the next concert was general admission and it was already 9:40. But i refer back to wanting to see Laura. Colleen went up again and I do really like her but she shared a story and I just wanted to hug her and at the same time i was looking at the time and wanting to just go, but after her story I couldn't just get up in leave, that would have been rude. I was going to leave then, but it was Laura's turn so I figured I might as well. Mistake mistake mistake. Don't get me wrong she sounded great and was showing her extreme talent by singing a Capella and OFF MIKE! However the song she chose had very hard lyrics for me to listen to and really hit a nerve and was causing me anxiety and heart palpitations and a hard time to breathe, but I couldn't just leave because my seat was in the middle and to get out I would have had to cause a major ruckus and disturb everyone and be beyond rude. Instead i tried to zone out but couldn't. As soon as it was over i looked at the time and it was 9:55... my next concert was supposed to start at 10! i got up and left and realized I was missing the final group song but had no choice. I got outside and learned that the next venue was much farther away than I thought so I once again had to run! I got there a minute after 10, and thankfully got a decent seat and they started late so I didn't miss anything! Also about the Tori Concert I ran into Michael Buchanan on the way to the line which was nice and Brian J. Nash was playing both a piano and keyboard at the same time, multiple times! He is incredible.

This was a Jason Robert Brown concert with Tom Kitt and guest stars Kyle Dean and Lindsay Mendez. the show was great. I wish I had just gone to this one, twice if I could have! Everyone sounded great. KDM and Lindsay sang a song from The Last Five Years, she sang some others and KDM sang I am the One and I'm Alive from n2n and also a song from Bridges of Madison county.

Then i chatted with KDM and Lindsay before you got it running home!

When I got home I stayed up until 3:30 in the morning helping Sasha will the Playbill flowers. I have become quite efficient!

No comments: