Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day 269/365 (April 12, 2015)











I spent the morning trying to decorate the sugar cookies. The idea i had had in my head i discovered was not feasible in the time allotted or for my patience level so I went to plan B. That was a glaze, so I made the gaze but realized i couldn't have it be close to white for the bones because of the vanilla extract so I turned it pink for the flamingos... an they came out pretty cute... however for the bones I realized i needed a plan C to decorate them and decided to try using melted chocolate. This was a big success (with disco dust) I wish I had thought of that before so the flamingos could have had a much brighter pink! After the flamings had dried i gave them eyes and they really popped. Since the macarons had failed the days before I decided to try making cheesecake brownies in place of them, and i dyed the cheesecake part pink... they turned out very well!

Then I finally made the lemon cupcakes and then topped them with a truly yummy raspberry frosting.

I made so many dished the last couple of days but was proud of myself for keeping up with them and leaving the kitchen spotless! I donned my best pink attire and headed to the party.

Let me tell you Marty T. puts on one heck of a themed party. It was Sassy's second birthday and he and John really did an incredible job of making the place festive and fun! There was so much incredibly yummy food I overate and felt like I was going to burst. The buffalo chicken dip and beef were my favorites. I met lots of lovely fun people and got to hand with some cute dogs. I would call that a win. People loved all my baked goods... the brownies were i think the big winner and this one girl was really into my frosting from the cupcakes! Kate Lo prest brought hr adorably sweet dog to the party and she helped me not feel bad about avoiding the street cart man by my office corner.

It was just a really needed fun evening!

No comments: