Thursday, April 2, 2015

Day 255/365 (March 29, 2015)



















The day began with full on baking. I toasted coconut, made salted caramel marshmallows, made shortbread, and started the foundation for making Samoa marshmallows. I also made browned-butter nutella blondies for Ben David's birthday. He ended coming over unexpectedly so the jig was up. Only it turns out I ended up having to make them again because the stupid things wouldn't cook all the way through and I kept putting them back in. Finally I scrapped it... and when Ben David found out he went in the trash can and tried them anyway.... EWWWWWWWW

Lola ended up coming over so it was nice to get some fun time in with her. She brought "goodies" instead of eggs so we could go on a "goodie hunt" I had to hide under a blanket (she said with my phone) so she could hide the goodies. Sasha was allowed to work on swing. She din't show us everything she was hiding first so that made it extra "fun" LOL! She was singing Shake It Off while hiding and I took a sneaky video. She also kept saying "repose the toes" which apparently means have a fun and good time according to her. Lola also discovered that if she sits in the right spot on the couch with the mirrors she can multiply herself and she was smiling and waving and giggling as she said hello to all of them.

Then I met up with Hope and we saw Clinton The Musical which was terrible. SO terrible. The actors playing Monica Lewinsky and Kenneth Starr, along with the ensemble members were good, but oh boy the rest of them. There was one catchy song Monica sings but you can't exactly go around signing the lyrics randomly. It was nice to see Hope though, but sad because the show was in stage 4 so I almost teared a bit walking in I was so sad.

Thankfully it was a short show (no intermission) so I got home pretty early and ended up finishing my Samoa marshmallow project by dipping them in chocolate and drizzling them with chocolate... they turned out pretty great and tasted close to the real thing!

Charlie likes to lie in my bra and both he and Fred fell asleep at my feet.

No comments: