Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 273/365 (April 16, 2015)


After work I headed out to New Rochelle. I decided to walk to Paula and Ted's from the train station. The walk is not bad at all except you run out of sidewalk pretty early on so I was risking my life and getting all kinds of yuck in my boots. Also by the Larchmont train station there is a Thai restaurant named Durien... why would you name your food place after the worst tasting food?

I feel so sad for my cousins this sort of thing is terrible. It is made worse because it is always nice to see people you haven't seen in a while, but it is for a sad reason so you feel conflicted. I finally met Ted's brother that lives in San Diego. Patty, Auntie Margaret, and Uncle Dennis came up as did Mo and John. After everyone headed to the funeral home we stayed behind and cleaned everything up for them, then finally headed to the wake. Susan and Doug (Fleming) came and when I saw them I almost cried because it has been so long and I truly do miss them... and I won't lie hearing Doug call me "T" again made me have a flood of emotions. I really need to make more of an effort to see them.
Marya was also there... eventually I headed home for the night.

No comments: