Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day 268/365 (April 11, 2015)











I started my morning by trying to go for a run on an empty stomach at Travis' suggestion. I did better than I thought I would so that was a win! Then I ended up calling Zina because I needed advice about something. She was of course very helpful, but it was so nice out that I didn't want to go back inside so at one point i was standing outside my apartment talking to her using my headphones on this little pillar thing and I turned around and found that some guy was filming me on his iPhone. I think he thought I was talking to myself and a was a crazy lady.

I did go inside eventually and began my baking for the day. First I made sugar cookie dough and put that in the refrigerator to chill. I also tried making raspberry macarons that turned out to be a major fail which is so sad because the few that did turn out tasted really yummy! Then I began making the filling for Grapefruit truffles. Avi came over and we had a brief pow wow session about the bachelorette party for Jess.

Harper's dad came to drop her off and we had some fun times... I hadn't seen her since last year so I was so happy to watch her. Charlie was actually pretty relax with her for the most part and Fred really did earn the best cat in the word title for putting up with her She kept hugging him and having us dress him up and hiding an Easter egg under him. She brought over plastic Easter eggs so we could have a hunt and then after we decided to go to the playground in Central Park. It turns out her current phrase is "you can say that again" so she was saying that over and over and she is just so sweet and loves to giggle. When we got in the park and she was walking down the path she spread her arms and started to run and was yelling "I cant believe i'm doing this!" Then she is cray on the playground... there is no stopping her! I learned i can still crawl into tiny spaces and climb stuff with the best of them... Then we climbed this giant rock and when we got to the top I asked her she wanted to put her hair back and she said yes... so I put it into a cute ponytail and she felt it and said that it "wasn't high enough and not tight enough, could I please fix it" so as I was trying to do this I was having a hard time keeping it neat and didn't want to hurt her by pulling her hair so i told her and she was like "its okay i'm used to getting hurt" and this lady over heard and started laughing and saying she was adorable.AT one point we pretended to go to Mexico, she even drove us "the 3 blocks to the airport" Poor Karen was left behind though. Then it was time to head back home and on our way we ran into Neil and his girlfriend (and her mom). we chatted for a tiny bit then it was back on the way home. Harper told me that sh was "besties with Laura Osnes" and i burst out laughing because of the random amazingness of it. Then her mom came to pick her up and she was sad to leave which is always the mark of a good day! Oh also on the way there at one point she was riding on my shoulders and she said I was doing a good job because I was giving her a "good view of the city"

After Harper left I rolled out the sugar cookies using my new rolling pin that is amazing! This is the first time i was completely successful in the rolled cookie department and I thank my rolling pin! All the while Karen was making dinner... it was so neat to be able to realize two people can cook in the kitchen and we had the space for it! Then I ate Karen's yummy dinner and finally dipped the truffes in the chocolate and decorated them. When Karen went to clean her room she found Charlie had burrowed into her clothes... pretty funny!

Then a quick shower and off to Sydney's birthday party. It was a lovely time and I discovered that hard cider makes me intoxicated very quickly! Hung out for a long while then it was time to go to bed!

No comments: